Companies must reimagine their visions regarding the future because now many of them are built on 3rd party platform technologies (cloud, mobile, big data & analytics, and social) that will further evolve or use accelerators like IoT, AI, AR or VR.
You must always remember that everything can be hacked. In order to stay away from any threats related to the cyber world, we recommend the install of antivirus for Windows or antivirus for Mac on every device that you own, depending on which OS your device is running. If you are a company, it is also recommended to hire every year a specialized cybersecurity company that will run annual tests on your company’s network. These tests include penetration testing and ethical hacking tests;
By taking a closer look at this trends, researchers released the top ten, worldwide IT industry, predictions for the next five years:
1. Over 60% of global GDP will be digitized with growth in every industry driven by digitally-enhanced offerings, operations, and relationships. Companies that fail to understand this, will find themselves competing for a progressively shrinking share of their traditional marketplace.
2. 75% of all IT companies will rely on some 3rd party platform technologies
3. Over 40% of companies’ cloud deployments will include edge computing, and 25% of endpoint devices and systems will execute AI algorithms. AI technologies will be among the most transformational of public cloud capabilities.
4. 90% of all apps will feature microservices architectures that improve the ability to design, debug, update, and leverage third-party code; 35% of all production apps will be cloud-native.
5. A new class of professional developers will appear; they will code without custom scripting. The developer population will be increased with at least 30%, accelerating digital transformation.
6. With the new tools, platforms, more developers, agile methods, and lots of code reuse, over a half billion new logical apps will be created.
7. 25% of public cloud computing will be based on non-x86 processors (including quantum); by 2022, organizations will spend more on vertical SaaS apps than horizontal apps.
8. AI-enabled user interfaces and process automation will replace one-third of today’s screen-based apps.
9. 50% of servers will encrypt data at rest and in motion; over 50% of cybersecurity incidents will be resolved by AI automation, and over 150 million people will use blockchain-based digital identities.
10. The top four cloud giant platforms will host 80% of IaaS/PaaS deployments
Researchers warn that the lack of an integrated strategy will result in suboptimal resource allocation, limited access to best-available technology innovations and longer problem identification.
Keep in mind that our modern society is dependent on computers, mobile devices, and the use of the internet always stay safe and secured.
We would continue to monitor the cybersecurity world. Meanwhile, users should keep a keen eye out for any cyber attacks. Remember to use an antivirus for Windows or antivirus for Mac in every device that you own, depending on which OS your machine is running, If you are a company we recommend to hire every year a specialized cybersecurity company that will run annual tests on your company’s network, tests like this include: penetration testing and ethical hacking.